With GDPR coming into effect on 25th May, I have been working hard to revise and update my policies regarding data protection and processing, in order to keep my students’ information safe.
What I have done
1. I have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller for KEBMusicTuition
2. I have written a full Privacy Statement, published on my website, detailing my policies and procedures for collecting, storing and processing data
3. I have undertaken a full audit of all information held, both on paper and electronically, about students (past and present) and other contacts, ensuring that it meets data protection regulations, and safely destroying information that is no longer needed.
What I need from you
I need all students (or parents/guardians of students under the age of 16) to:
1. Read and familiarise themselves with my Privacy Statement
2. Complete a new, electronic data collection form via my website, whereby you can also specify what permissions you give me with regard to your data.
Please use the links below to complete these tasks as soon as possible, and no later than 30th April 2018.